Rio Vista’s Waterfront
|The now vacant water frontage a statement to the evolution of this once vibrant port and light industrial community lying neatly along the deep channel Sacramento River.The river continues to serve the Ports of Sacramento, West Sacramento and Stockton and the Port of Oakland will soon utilize an extensive barge system to move goods and material in a river system which cannot handle deep draft ships.
* New uses encourage mixed use development
* Pilot project underway for pedestrian, skating and biking
* Marine access will also be provided for boats
* Regional Delta Information and Learning Center
* Linked to the Historic Old Town and ultimately to Sandy Beach