Catch the Bus
Call for the Bus to Come to You!
Route 51 passengers traveling in the Rio Vista or the Isleton area or from the resort communities on State Route 160 between Isleton and State Route 12 may call at least 30 minutes in advance, the same day up to 7 days in advance.
Routes 50 and 52 passengers may call at least 30 minutes in advance, the same day, up to 7 days in advance to have the bus come to you within Rio Vista, Isleton, Antioch, Fairfield and Suisun City on a first come, first served, space available basis. Limitations apply to route deviations. Please see below for more details.
Route 54 passengers going to Fairfield, Suisun City, Vacaville, Antioch, Pittsburg or Lodi must call at least one day in adavance to ride, up to 7 days in advance. The route will provide general public door to door dial-a-ride service that serves includes the entire destination city limits for shopping, medical and recreation trips. The bus will depart Rio Vista and Isleton area at 9:30 a.m. and arrive at the destination city by 10:30 a.m. The bus will remain in the destination city taking passengers directly to where they need to go between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Please schedule your appointments between these times.
Flag the Bus!
You can catch the bus anywhere along its route or service area by flagging the bus down as it drives by. Pick a safe, visible location and wave your arm as the bus approaches. To ensure that you are not missed, please call us and let us know when and where you will be waiting. To get off the bus between designated stops, just ask the bus operator.
Wait at a Bus Stop (Intercity Routes Only)
Designate intercity bus stops are shown as black dots on the system map. All designated stops are marked with a yellow and black Rio Vista Delta Breeze sign. If the sign is not visible or you are unsure of the location of a bus stop, please call us for assistance. In addition, Route 54 has stops at Fairfield Transportation Center, Suisun City Train Depot, Solano Town Center, Vacaville Transportation Center, Lodi Station, Antioch Park and Ride Lot and Pittsburg/Bay Point BART Station. Ask the dispatcher or driver to be dropped off/or picked up at these locations.
Route Deviations and Dial-A-Ride Information: Call us to make a reservation, Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. When the dispatcher is unavailable after hours and weekends, please leave a message. Call at least 30 minutes in advance for a ride up to seven (7) days in advance. Should you no longer need a ride, please cancel as soon as possible. The bus operates on a 30-minute window, expect the bus to show up at least 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after the time requested. The bus will only wait two (2) minutes before proceeding to the next pick up or drop off. Rio Vista Delta Breeze is a door-to-door service. This means bus operators will provide assistance to the door of the pick up or drop off location with permission from the passenger.
- Deviations on Routes 50 and 52 will not be allowed beyond a 1 mile on either side of the route in Fairfield, Suisun City or Antioch. Passengers will need to transfer to local transit services if traveling beyond this radius.
- Deviations will be allowed on a first come/first served basis. ADA passengers have first priority and may bump others.
- No more than four (4) total deviations per one way trip, provided that 4 deviations can be made at the discretion of dispatch or driver.
A passenger may only request up to 2 deviations, unless passengers loads are light to warrant more deviations based on the dispatcher or driver discretion. This means 1 deviation in the Rio Vista/Isleton area and 1 deviation in the outlying city that the route is serving.
All passengers must advise the driver upon boarding the bus any deviation requests. Each time the bus deviates off route, including parking lots,each passenger must pay the deviation fare when boarding the bus. Fares are not collected when deboarding the bus. If you flag the bus on route, or request to get off the bus on route, the deviation fare does not apply.
When making a reservation, please provide us with the following:
- Your name and telephone number
- Where you would like to be picked up
- Where you are going
- The time you need to arrive at your destination
- When you would like to return
- Any special needs
Route 51 does not charge a route deviation fare. Every time a passenger gets off the bus, the passenger will need to pay the full fare to reboard Route 51 for travel to another destination served by Route 51.
On Route 54, if you want to make additional stops within the destination city, please call (707) 374-2878 when you are ready to be picked up. Each additional stop is 50 cents for discount riders and $1.00 for basic riders. The bus will return to the Rio Vista/Isleton area by 2:30 p.m. Passengers must pay the regular intercity fare to get to the destination city and the additional stop fare each time the passenger deboards, including the deboarding in Rio BVista/Isleton at the end of the route.
Subscription service is available to passengers that have a regular travel pattern that is daily, weekly or monthly. Please call us to sign up for the service. The no-show and late cancel policy applies to this service.
Prevent No Shows and Late Cancels! Please contact the dispatcher at (707) 374-2878 if you no longer need a route deviation or trip on Route 51. If a passenger receives six no-shows and/or late cancels in a one-year period, they will be subject to a two-week suspension from riding Delta Breeze transit services. Passengers suspended may appeal the decision of the Tony Cabral, Delta Breeze Coordinator by mailing, or emailing a letter to Delta Breeze. Contact information is available on this website Home page.
Space is limited; please bring up to five bags and/or packages. Bus operators are allowed to assist only to the door of the pick up or drop off location and cannot provide assistance to bags and/or packages that exceed 10 pounds.
Rules of the Road
Rules ensure safety and comfort for all passengers and the bus operator. Please observe the following rules:
- · No smoking on buses or at transit facilities.
- · Eating (snacks only/no meals) and drinking is permitted provided that you dispose waste off the bus from eating or drinking.
- · No standing in front of the white “standee” line, while the bus is in motion.
- · No unnecessary conversation with bus operator.
- · No abusive, threatening or obscene language on the bus.
- · All electronic devices in use require the use of headphones.
- · No hazardous materials or weapons of any kind shall be allowed on board (except oxygen).
- · All animals brought on board must be in an approved pet carrier, except properly documented service animals.
- · No signs or advertisements may be placed on board vehicles.
- · No vandalism, or graffiti allowed on buses or transit facilities.
- · No illegal activity of any kind shall be tolerated.
- · All strollers, scooters, folding carts and large packages must be stowed away under the seat.
- · Rollerblades and skates are not allowed worn on buses.
- · Shoes and Shirts are required to ride buses.
- · No littering on buses or at transit facilities.
- · Passengers intoxicated will not be allowed to ride Rio Vista Delta Breeze buses.
The above rules are enforced under the California Penal Code Section 640. Violation of the rules may result in suspension of ride, a $250 fine and/or six months of community service.