CalGreen Summary Table
Some Recycling Basics
Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products. Recycling can benefit your community and the environment.
A Few of the Benefits of Recycling
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators;
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water, and minerals;
- Prevents pollution caused by reducing the need to collect new raw materials;
- Saves energy;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change;
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations;
Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States.
Contact Robin Borre for more information at 374-6451 ext. 1116